We will promote and nurture feelings of self worth, confidence, independence, creativity and a desire to discover, question and develop our children to become lifelong learners.
Our Teaching Philosophy
- We recognise play as the learning focus for our holistic curriculum, Te Whāriki, which encompasses all dimensions of a child’s world and to provide experiences that are inclusive of their family, aspirations and opinions, which promote learning and development.
- We will provide experiences that empower children’s learning to provide them with the knowledge, strategies and skills for successful learning and achievement, and that provides for opportunities to extend current knowledge and develop future skills.
- As experienced and qualified teachers, we value and are committed to reciprocal, inclusive and responsive relationships in partnership with the children, their parents, family and whānau.
- We endeavour to promote an inclusive teaching environment that supports and encourages individual and collective interaction, builds social competency, exploration, participation and contribution and embrace children’s heritage and language.
- We recognise Te Tiriti O Waitangi, as our founding document, and Aotearoa-New Zealand’s unique and special cultural heritage, and provide an environment where all families/whānau are warmly welcomed, feel valued and where they know that they have a place as active participants in their child’s learning.
- We are proud of Nursery School’s history and heritage, and value the importance and respect, and the collaborative partnership that we and the community have together to ensure Nursery School continues to effectively provide quality early childhood education.
Reviewed February 2018